Venue: Erith Leisure Centre, Avenue Road, DA8 3AT
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Thursday 10 January 2019 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook
- Thursday 25 April 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Thursday 9 May 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Thursday 18 July 2019 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook
- Thursday 3 October 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Thursday 14 November 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Thursday 7 March 2019 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Thursday 5 December 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Thursday 7 February 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Thursday 6 June 2019 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results
- This is a mandatory CPD as identified in the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and is aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wishing to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the Swim England Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
- To access the CPD visit the Institute of Swimming e-learning page and it should be at the top of the listing. If not, click on 'CPD' and use the 'Course Title' menu to search for Contemporary Issues. You will be asked to register with the Institute of Swimming - just follow the instructions.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are very welcome to recap Stroke Rules and attend Session 2 of a Judge 1 course.
To book a place, use this form or email Malcolm Keysell direct. If you book and then are unable to make a session, please use this form to let the organisers know you will not be attending.
Please note that you do not have to attend relevant workshops at the same venue, which will allow you to attend other centres to fit the workshops around your other commitments.