Venues: Kingsmead Leisure Centre, Kingsmead Road, Canterbury CT2 7PH
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Wednesday 16 January 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Wednesday 6 March 2019 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook.
- Wednesday 6 February 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Wednesday 15 May 2019 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Wednesday 3 April 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Wednesday 18 September 2019 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results
- Wednesday 6 November 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Wednesday 4 December 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are welcome to attend session 2 of the judge 1 course if they would like to.
To book a place, contact use this form or email Malcolm Keysell direct. If you book and then are unable to make a session, please use this form to let the organisers know you will not be attending.