J1 Workshop - Session 2 - Tonbridge
4th June 2019, 19:30 - 21:30
Venue: West Kent College, Brook Street, Tonbridge TN9 2PW
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Thursday 3 January 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Thursday 7 March 2019 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook
- Wednesday 1 May 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Tuesday 4 June 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Thursday 5 September 2019 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook
- Thursday 5 December 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Thursday 4 July 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Thursday 7 November 2019 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Thursday 7 February 2019 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results
- Thursday 3 October 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- This is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are very welcome to recap Stroke Rules and attend Session 2 of a Judge 1 course.
Please note that you do not have to attend relevant workshops at the same venue, which will allow you to attend other centres to fit the workshops around your other commitments.