J1 Workshop - Session 2 - Medway Park
12th March 2018, 19:00 - 21:00
Venue: Medway Park, Mill Road, Gillingham ME7 1HF
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Monday 12 February 2018 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Monday 12 March 2018 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Monday 14 May 2018 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook
- Monday 10 September 2018 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Monday 8 October 2018 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Monday 10 December 2018 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook
- Monday 9 April 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Monday 9 July 2018 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Monday 11 June 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Monday 12 November 2018 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are welcome to attend session 2 of the judge 1 course if they would like to.
Please note that you do not have to attend relevant workshops at the same venue, which will allow you to attend other centres to fit the workshops around your other commitments.