J1 Workshop - Session 2 - Beckenham
17th October 2019, 19:30 - 21:30
- Venue 28, 28 Beckenham Road, Beckenham BR3 4LS (Bec)
- West Wickham Leisure Centre, Station Road, West Wickham BR4 0PY (WW)
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Thursday 21 February 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping (Bec)
- Thursday 16 May 2019 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules (Bec)
- Thursday 13 June 2019 – Session 3 - Completion of workbook (Bec)
- Thursday 19 September 2019 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping (Bec)
- Thursday 17 October 2019 – Session 2 - Stroke Rules (Bec)
- Thursday 17 January 2019 – Final Session - Completion of workbook (WW)
- Thursday 14 November 2019 – Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications (WW)
- Thursday 21 March 2019 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results (WW)
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are very welcome to recap Stroke Rules and attend Session 2 of a Judge 1 course.
Please note that you do not have to attend relevant workshops at the same venue, which will allow you to attend other centres to fit the workshops around your other commitments.