Venue for the KCASA Relay Championships on 17 March Confirmed
17th March 2019
As you all hopefully know by now, we are hosting the 2019 Relays in a brand new facility. We will be the first major event there. Dover hosted a local school gala, and a mini test event which we attended this morning. As its all new, we would request some patience. We hope it will run smoothly, but there will undoubtedly be one or two unexpected teething issues.
First things first.
- The programme of events is here.
- Presentations for first, second, third will be at the end of each session.
- The list of accepted entries is here, please check and let me know if you spot any errors on your clubs entries.
- There will be a separate team points table for relays only.
- The team submission sheets are here (Excel format) or (PDF Format). Please complete and email back by 5pm on Saturday 16 March at the latest.
Just to confirm, the venue for the relays will be the brand new pool at:
- Dover District Leisure Centre, Fitness Fields, White Cliffs Business Park, Whitfield, Dover CT16 3FZ
From the A2 go as far as the McDonalds/Whitfield restaurant roundabout, head towards the docks, take the first exit toward Sandwich, go right at the roundabout towards LIDL, the pool is opposite LIDL. A map is here
There is a cafe in the building, which should be open from the start, there is a Subway (for sandwiches - rather than crossing the road!) a short walk away, the centre is out of town on a business/retail park.
The pool is very modern and an 8x25m. Space around the pool like many modern pools isn't as generous as old pools like Crystal Palace. We will therefore ask that you all stick to the following guidelines please.
- No large pool bags or training equipment should be taken poolside. There are lockers available for swimbags (£1 coin required- its refunded on exit)
- No chairs poolside - there will be benches
- Limit coaches/team managers to max of 2 per session,
We will clear the balcony after the presentations for Session One (Girls), before starting Session Two (Boys). NB: only female swimmers should be poolside during session 1, and male swimmers during session 2.
We will distribute a poolside plan over the next few days.
on behalf of KCASA Swimming Committee