Tonbridge SC are recruiting a Lead Teacher for their Learn to Swim section
23rd February 2022
Tonbridge Swimming Club is looking to recruit a Part-Time Level 2 qualified Swimming Teacher to Lead the Learn to Swim (LTS) section of the Club.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated as the Club is seeking to expand this role. The candidate will plan and deliver all LTS swimming lessons and will report to both the Head Coach and the Tonbridge Swimming Club Chairperson.
The club currently operates LTS swimming lessons on Friday and Sunday nights:
- LTS Stages 3/4 on Friday night 7.00 to 7.45pm at Tonbridge Town Teaching Pool
- LTS Stages 5/6 on a Friday night 7.00 to 7.45pm at Tonbridge Town 25m Pool AND
- LTS Stages 5/6 on a Sunday evening 6.15 to 7.00 pm at Walthamstow Hall School Pool (Sevenoaks)
We are looking to expand our LTS section by re-introducing our LTS Stages 3/4 lessons on Tuesday evenings (7.00 to 7.45pm in the Tonbridge Town Teaching Pool). This would also be included in the LTS sessions to be delivered by the LTS Lead Teacher. There is also potential for additional hours in the future as we continue to expand our LTS sessions.
Responsibilities of this LTS Lead Teacher will include:
- Delivering high quality lessons to different ages and abilities
- Developing and following schemes of work and course plans for all group lessons. An overview and lesson plans will be submitted to the Head Coach.
- Working in line with Swim England's Learn to Swim Programme with an emphasis on stroke technique
- Completing registers and assessment matrixes to monitor swimmers progress within each term
- Excellent knowledge of teaching and correcting technique on all 4 strokes
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Willingness to attend training and meetings
Requirements for the role:
- Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification
- Experience in delivering and leading swimming lessons
- Knowledge of the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme
- Positive and professional attitude towards work
- NRASTC or NPLQ qualification is desirable however if you do not have the qualification, we will offer you the opportunity to attend a course
The successful candidate should be a self-employed individual and pay will be negotiable dependent on experience.
Please send through a copy of your CV to the Chairman of the Tonbridge Swimming Club to:
email@example.com by 8.00pm on 28 February 2022.