Keighley Mayes Trophy 2019 - Nominations Close 7 June
7th June 2019
Keighley Mayes Trophy 2019
This trophy is awarded for “Perseverance and Endeavour” in swimming. Historically it has been awarded based on swimmers’ performances at the County Championships but excluding those swimmers who have finished 1st 2nd or 3rd in any event.
Because the oldest age group has been lowered in recent years the award based on the pure points system formerly in place has resulted in swimmers who have achieved National qualification in the same year winning the award. We wish to ensure that the award goes to the type of swimmer it is designed for and, as a result, we have amended the criteria slightly.
The criteria are now as follows:
1. The swimmer must be aged 15 years and over.
2. The swimmer must have achieved the top 8 in any event in the current year’s Championships but must not have finished in the top three of any event in the current year’s Championships
3. The swimmer must be nominated either by a Club in Kent or any member of the Swimming Committee with details of the basis of why such swimmer should be considered for the award. For example, this could be one or more of the following which is not an exhaustive list but merely by way of example)
- The swimmer has not previously competed in the Championships or the County Championships of another County
- The swimmer has not qualified for the Championships or the County Championships of another County for a number of years
- The swimmer is one of the better trainers in the Club and this is the first time he/she has been in the top 8 in any event
- The swimmer has overcome injuries or other disadvantages to reach the level of attainment in the Championships
- The swimmer has been successful at the youngest age groups but has struggled through a fallow period to reach a good level of attainment
Club Secretaries please let me have your nominations as soon as possible and by no later Friday 7 June. Please send any nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org