ASA South East Region Young Volunteers Programme 2015/16 - Kent Venue Date Change to 19 September!
14th November 2015
ASA South East Region Young Volunteers Programme 2015/2016
Are you aged between 15 and 25 years and looking to access training opportunities to volunteer within aquatics?
Following the success of the 2014/2015 Young Volunteer Programme in the South East Region, the Region is again looking to increase the number of trained young people and to improve accessibility to formal and informal training opportunities.
Young people participating in the programme will be expected to attend two Development Days, the first of which will be held in 4 locations across the Region between September and November 2015. Following the first Development Day, the young people will be expected to undertake 10 hours volunteering within their own club environment before attending second Development Day in March 2016. The cost for participating in the whole Young Volunteer Programme is £10, and all young people who complete the programme will receive a free polo shirt.
Training provided during the programme includes;
- ASA Young Aquatic Helper Certificate
- ASA Timekeepers Course
- St. Johns Emergency First Aid
- Sports Coach UK – Safeguarding for Young Volunteers (13+)
- ASA Team Manager Training (Module 1)
- Bespoke workshops on communication
- 19 September Medway Park Leisure Centre, Gillingham, Kent
- 20 September The Ark Centre, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- 4 October Dorothy Stringer School, Brighton, Sussex
- 15 November Aylesbury Grammar School and Aquavale, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Development Days will run from 9.00am – 5.00pm
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and have fun, enjoy yourself and to give you the confidence to stay involved in aquatics, with your club providing a mentor as a point of contact and to give guidance to its young volunteers.
To apply to join the ASA SER Young Volunteers Programme, please complete the application form and return with payment to Bryony Gibbs, ASA South Division, 1st Floor Offices, Castle Business Centre, Castle Road, Chelston Business Park, Wellington, TA21 9JQ.