ASA Pathway for 11-year-olds (born 2006) - Full details here
28th February 2017
England Talent Development Programme
During the course of 2017 Kent County ASA will be providing the Development Pathway for 11-year-olds being rolled out by the England Talent. Kent is one of the chosen counties for the scheme with it being rolled out nationwide in future years.
The Development Pathway for 11-year-olds as at 31 December 2017 (ie born in 2006) will consist of:
- A Parents’ Workshop to be held at the London Aquatics Centre at Lunchtime on the final day of the Championships – Sunday 12 February. The scheduled start time is 1.15 pm but will depend on the time swimming at the first session on that day has been completed.
- Three day-long camps which are expected to take place in April, July and October 2017 – the dates and venues are currently being fixed.
The criteria for selection on the programme has been briefly described in the Championship Programme but the exact criteria imposed by the ASA is below:
County Programme: Swimmer Selection Policy
Minimum activity level: attendance at three one-day events in April, July, October at various dates/locations within the County which are yet to be confirmed.
A minimum of 24 swimmers (12 male/12 female) and a maximum of 36 (18 male/18 female) will be selected as follows:
- The ASA rankings data base will be used for selection purposes. Only times achieved between 1 September 2016 and the Monday following the final County Championship weekend in 2017, will be considered.
- The highest ranked 11 year old male and female (age as at 31 December in the year of competition), in each event competed at County Championships will be initially selected.
- Further selections will be made from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc ranked swimmers.
- Where swimmers have an equal ranking, selections will be made prioritised according to the highest Fina Point Score in a single event.
- Selections can be from either short or long course rankings but should be congruent with your County Championships mode (for example, if your County Championships are held in a long course pool, then long course rankings should be used for selection purposes and vice versa).
- Swimmer selections must be completed within one week of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers and Home Coaches must be informed within two weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers must reply to confirm whether they will be accepting or declining their place on the programme within three weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Any reserve swimmers and their respective Home Coaches should then be informed within four weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- All places on the programme must be filled and all paperwork returned by the end of March 2017, ready for the first camp of the programme which is scheduled to take place in April 2017.
Invitations to apply for a place have been circulated to all clubs with a copy of ' 1 Direction - A Pathway Guidance Document for ASA County Swimming Associations', along with and invitation to Coaches an Team Managers to apply for a County role.
KCASA Swimming Manager
- Invitation to swimmers born 2006
- 1 Direction - A Pathway Guidance Document for ASA County Swimming Associations
- County Skills Coach - Role Description
- County Skills Coach - Application Form
- County Assistant Team Manager - Role Description
- County Team Manager - Application Form