Swim Safe offers free outdoor swimming and water safety sessions for children aged between 7 and 14. Children learn how to keep safe when swimming outdoors and know what to do if they get into trouble. Swim Safe runs every summer at beach, lake and other inland outdoors water locations across the UK.
Enthusiastic volunteers are needed, with a passion for helping children to learn about water safety and how to be safe in and around water.
Volunteers will be asked to carry out a range of tasks, these include, but are not restricted to:
- Manage telephone/on site bookings and participant registrations
- Provide booking lists to all operational team members prior to the start of the sessions
- Prepare and distribute safety messaging at the end of the session
- Check the booking list with teachers and help place participants in correct groups
- Advise and support children and parents putting on wetsuits / swimming caps and distribute swimming equipment
- Ensure participants are returned to their parent/guardian
- Local promotion of lessons by distributing flyers in the local area
- Handle enquiries and answer general questions on site
For further details please visit https://swimsafe.org.uk/
There are two programmes running in the South East:
For more information, or would like to get involved, please contact Charlotte Francis or phone 07769349098
- Margate 20 July – 31 August (plus a schools programme in June)
- Lancing 25 July - 29 July