Foreign Trip Selection Policy
Following the County Championships a team may be selected to represent Kent County ASA at a selected meet abroad, based on the following criteria:
- Swimmers aged 14 and over who are not members of any Regional/National Development Squad
- Total BAG points or equivalent achieved by swimmers at County Championships
- Swimmers should have achieved at least six qualifying times for the selected meet at the County Championships.
- Swimmers must be in full training from the time of the County Championships up to the time of the foreign Meet. Club Coaches/Club Secretaries will be asked to sign a statement to this effect.
- Club Coaches are encouraged to draw the committee’s attention to swimmers training in their club programme who maybe suitable for the meet.
- Swimmers must be fit, healthy and not sustained any serious injury within six weeks of the meet.
Final selection will be at the discretion of the County Management Committee when other factors will be taken into account – commitment to compete, disciplinary record, etc.
Outstanding younger swimmers who meet the criteria maybe considered at the discretion of the Swimming Committee.