KCASA Championships 2018 - Entry Information
The full entry pack has been sent to clubs. Please note that ALL entries can only be made via your club.
- Individual Entry Form
- Individual Event Programme
- Team Event Programme
- Qualifying Times
If you have any questions, please channel them via club entry secretaries. It is not possible to deal with individual parent questions. Noted below is the advice on how the QT's work. Also, please do remember the 11-year-olds’ chance to qualify for the England Pathway ... see below
- Deadline: Midnight 10 Jan 2018
- QT's: From 1 Jan 2017 to 09 Jan 2018
Good Luck everyone
Selection Policy for 11-year-old Pathway
A minimum of 24 swimmers (12 male/12 female) and a maximum of 36 (18 male/18 female) will be selected as follows:
- The ASA rankings data base will be used for selection purposes. Only times achieved between 1 September 2017 and the Monday following the final County Championship weekend in 2018, will be considered.
- The highest ranked 11 year old male and female (age as at 31 December in the year of competition), in each event competed at County Championships will be initially selected.
- Further selections will be made from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc ranked swimmers.
- Where swimmers have an equal ranking, selections will be made prioritised according to the highest Fina Point Score in a single event.
- Selections can be from either short or long course rankings but should be congruent with your County Championships mode (for example, if your County Championships are held in a long course pool, then long course rankings should be used for selection purposes and vice versa).
- Swimmer selections must be completed within one week of the completion of the County Championships.
As with all competitions you need to be in it to win it! If a swimmer has a consideration time they should enter. As a reminder:
We have had a number of similar questions on how the Qualifying system works, to help people out the following is an explanation:
- Each event has its own maximum number generally based on the pool time to run the event eg 50's have more than 200's.
- There is a table for each in the conditions.
- For 50m it's 28 per age group.
- The target is to have 196 entrants across all ages in a 50.
- This is done as follows:
- All swimmers with an auto QT are accepted (even if we have more than 28). That's why autos are tough.
- The balance (up to 28) is made up from consideration QT's in each age group
- If there are less than 28 after 1 and 2 above, we will distribute the spaces to the other age groups proportionate to entries. So if say we only have 20 15yr-olds, the missing 8 would be added and spread across other excess ages.
Last year we accepted all that had consideration times, as we had space and could squeeze them in. It was one of the criticisms we had, so we will be stricter this year. There is a whole statistical model to set QT's to make the above work!
If you look at rankings for 2017 swims for Kent swimmers you will have a good indication of whether a consideration will make it. However, YOU SHOULD ENTER IF YOU HAVE A CONSIDERATION TIME even if it is outside the top 28 (for 50's), because you don't know that all the swimmers ranked higher will enter any particular event.