KCASA Championships 2018
England Talent Development Programme
- County Programme: Swimmer Selection Policy
Minimum activity level: Attendance at three one-day events in April,
July, October (various dates/locations within the County).
A minimum of 24 swimmers (12 Male/ 12 Female) and a maximum of 36 (18
Male/ 18 Females) will be selected as follows:
The Swim England rankings database will be used for selection purposes. Only
times achieved between 1 September 2017 and the Monday following the final
County Championship weekend in 2018, will be considered.
- Swimmers must have competed in a least one event at the County
Championships (extenuating circumstances such as illness/ injury should however
be considered where possible).
- Swimmers are selected based upon their county of representation
and not their club.
- The highest ranked 11-year-old Male and Female
(age as at 31 December in the year of competition), in each event competed at
County Championships will be initially selected.
- Further selections will be made from the 2nd,
3rd, 4th etc ranked swimmers.
- Where swimmers have an equal ranking, selections
will be made prioritised according to the highest Fina Point Score in a single
- Selections can be from either short or long
course rankings but should be congruent with your County Championships mode (as
Kent County Championships are held in a long course pool, then long course
rankings will be used for selection purposes).
- Swimmer selections must be completed within one
week of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers and Home Coaches must be informed
within two weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers must reply to confirm whether they will
be accepting or declining their place on the programme within three weeks of
the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers should only be selected if they are indicating that
they can commit to the full three-day programme. If they subsequently are
unavailable for all three, no refund should be given, and no additional
swimmers invited thus avoiding unnecessary disruption to the programme.
- Any reserve swimmers and their respective Home
Coaches should then be informed within four weeks of the completion of the
- All places on the programme must be filled and
all paperwork returned by the end of March 2018, ready for the first camp of
the programme which is scheduled to take place in April 2018.