Venue: Medway Park, Mill Road, Gillingham ME7 1HF
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Monday 13 February 2017 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Monday 13 March 2017 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Monday 15 May 2017 - Session 3 - Completion of work book
- Monday 24 April 2017 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Monday 10 July 2017 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Monday 12 June 2017 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Monday 13 November 2017 - Session 2 - Completion of Judge 2 Starter workbook and manual race results Cancelled
- Monday 11 September 2017 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Monday 9 October 2017 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Monday 11 December 2017 - Session 3 - Completion of work book.
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’ .
NB: Judge 2 candidates are welcome to attend session 2 of the judge 1 course if they would like to.
To book a place, contact use this form or email Malcolm Keysell direct. If you book and then are unable to make a session, please use this form to let the organisers know you will not be attending.