Venue: Kingsmead Leisure Centre, Kingsmead Road, Canterbury CT2 7PH
Cost: £8 per candidate.
- Wednesday 10 January 2018 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Wednesday 14 March 2018 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook.
- Wednesday 14 February 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 role and Placing/Disqualifications
- Wednesday 9 May 2018 - Final Session - Completion of workbook
- Wednesday 11 April 2018 - Session 1 - Introduction to Judge 2 Starter role
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 - Session 2 - Completion of workbook and manual race results
- Wednesday 13 June 2018 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- Wednesday 11 July 2018 - Session 2 - Stroke Rules
- Wednesday 10 October 2018 - Session 3 - Completion of workbook.
- Wednesday 5 December 2018 - Session 1 - Timekeeping and Chief Timekeeping
- This is and is now done as an on-line workshop. For a step-by-step guide on navigating the IOS website, click here.
Contemporary Issues is a Mandatory CPD required by the British Swimming Officials Licensing requirements (M5) and aimed at Swimming Technical Officials who are already licensed (renewal due within next four years) or wish to become a licensed British Swimming Official. The workshop covers: the ASA Code of Ethics; Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults; Embracing Diversity; Health and Safety; Officials’ Training and the ‘World of Swimming’.
NB: Judge 2 candidates are welcome to attend session 2 of the judge 1 course if they would like to.
To book a place, contact use this form or email Malcolm Keysell direct. If you book and then are unable to make a session, please use this form to let the organisers know you will not be attending.