Applications are invited from suitably experienced individuals for the role of Chairman of the KCASA Management Committee. This is an opportunity to influence and lead the future development of aquatics at all levels of the sport within the County. Applications are invited from as wide a range of interests as possible although it would be expected that the successful application would have experience of sport in general if not aquatics specifically.
The Chairman presides over seven meetings of the KCASA Management Committee per year plus the KCASA Annual and any Special Council Meetings, and works with the Management Committee members to manage the business of the county.
The successful applicant should demonstrate good leadership and management skills, have operated at a senior strategic level and have experience of managing change. Full details can be found in attached role specification.
The appointment is for a three-year term. The role of Chairman is voluntary with agreed expenses paid.
Chairman Ė Role Specification
Responsible to the KCASA Management Committee
Term: 3 years from 10 December 2016
- To chair KCASA Management Committee meetings and the Associationís Council meetings
- To maintain an overview of the Associationís sub-committees
- To liaise with other Counties, the Regions and the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA)
- To formulate and draft the Associationís Strategic Plan and after approval to support the Associationís implementation of it with all appropriate expedition
- To assist and where necessary and advise the Associationís Treasurer or other relevant Officer(s) in preparing the Associationís Budget
- To ensure that necessary skills are represented on KCASA Management Committee and that a succession plan is in place to help find new KCASA Management Committee members when required
- To ensure that the Association acts in accordance with its constitution
- To ensure best practice in pursuance of the Associationís objectives
Experience and Skills
- IT literate
- able to express objectives clearly and concisely
- able to deliver to specified requirements