we have had such a good response to the original invitation, it has been
decided to bring forward the closing date for applications to officiate at the
2015 British Swimming Championships.
event is being held at the London Aquatic Centre from 14th to 18th
who wishes to apply and has not yet done so needs to ensure that their
application has been submitted by Friday 5th December 2014.
Applications are now open to officiate at the 2015 British Swimming Championships, to be held from Tuesday 14th to Saturday 18th April (inclusive) at the London Aquatics Centre.
All applicants must be qualified at least to Judge Level 1 and must possess a valid official’s licence.
British Swimming now expect volunteers to room share at national and international events. By doing this accommodation costs are reduced, which greatly helps in the operation and provision of a high class event for our competitors.
- If you have a preferred sharer please indicate this on your application form.
- Once appointments have been confirmed, the Technical Director for the event will circulate a list of all officials attending the event.
- If you have a preferred sharer at this stage, you will be asked to indicate your preference. This information will be kept confidential.
- The Technical Director will then allocate rooms, where possible, based on officials’ requests
- If you have not expressed a preference you will be allocated a shared twin room with another official of the same sex.
- If you do not wish to share, you have the option to pay a supplement for a single room – please indicate this on your application form.
- If you have a medical condition that will prevent you from sharing a room please submit evidence of your medical condition to the Events Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). This information will be kept confidential.
Please see the attached document for full details of the British Swimming Volunteer Policy for 2015.
For this event:
- A daily allowance of £20 is available to cover the actual days for which a volunteer is required to attend the event.
- The preference is for volunteers to travel to the event via public transport. Rail travel may be booked via British Swimming, air travel must be agreed in advance and booked via British Swimming.
- The supplement payable for a single room will be £87.50 per night.
Further details regarding the event can be found here.
Please complete the attached form and return it to me by post or to email@example.com before Friday 9th January 2015 if you wish to be considered for this event.
Application to officiate
British Swimming Volunteer Policy